Sunday, September 30, 2007

Did Some Sewing this Weekend

I was finally able to make some progress on my fall wardrobe over the weekend. I actually cut out two skirts and two tops. One of the tops is an empire waist wrap top. I wanted the "wrap" to fit smoothly across my bust so I decided to drape the top on my dressform.


After draping the top I laid out the muslin to make my pattern.



I even eeked out enough time to prepared dinner for my husband and myself. We had grilled shrimp and pasta, roasted sweet potatoes and a vegetable medley (corn, broccoli and spinach).




Here is the top so far. I think it's coming along pretty well.




Monday's Meditation (today really is Monday, but I started this post yesterday, that why it says Sunday in the heading)

We are in a very interesting study series at our church. The topic is anger. Last week we mostly talked about controling our anger. This Sunday we looked at some of the things that anger God. One of the things really hit home for me.

Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the LORD was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased. Numbers 11:10

If you read the entire chapter you will discover the people's weeping was really complaining. I think we (I) sometimes complain to the Lord more than we (I) praise him. To know that complaining actually makes God angry, makes me want to guard my thoughts even more.

Learning to be content,
Tracey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The top is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished!

With friendship,
Lisa