Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Little Disappointed

I am at the end of a five-day weekend. I had great plans and high hopes of getting a lot of stuff done. But I will be back to work tomorrow and I failed to accomplish anything on my sewing/crafting list. I was, however, able to spend a great deal of time with my parents and take care of my mom.

I worked on the clutch style handbag in the current issue of Sew Stylish magazine (page 33). It has to be the simplest design I have ever seen, but I can't get the pieces to come together. After working on it for about four hours today, it's still not together. I must be experiencing some sort of mental block.

I have managed to complete a total of nine squares for my crocheted dress (or skirt, depending on how long I am able to stay focused). Yes, that's right, I have completed nine squares - only about a million more to go.

I intend to post some photos of my progress this weekend. This is assuming that there will actually be some progress by week's end. I can dream.

2 comments:

Sigrid said...

Nice to have another sewing blog. Look forward to see pictures and see what your wardrobe plans are.

Tracey said...

Oh wow! My first comment. Thank you for taking the time to view my blog. I hope to have my fall wardrobe plans completed this weekend. I should also be able to post pictures of my handbag (from Sew Stylish magazine) and a sketch of my crocheted dress or skirt. Thanks again.