Monday, September 17, 2007

Making Progress - Sort Of

I didn't exactly do everything on my list for this past week, but I did get some things done. I started working on my muslins for the wardrobe pieces in McCall's 5194 (earlier post). I hope to have the top and skirt put together in just a couple more days.

I mentioned earlier that I am working on a crocheted dress or skirt. If the work moves along fairly quickly, it will be a dress, if it's slow and I begin to get bored, it will probably be a skirt. Here is a single square and a group of squares abutting each other (click on the image for close-up view).



Once I "block" the pieces they will be perfectly squared and there won't be any spaces between them. I will sew them all together then crochet a border/hem and a waistband. I am still trying to decide what color to use for the lining. I think I am leaning toward a dark brown.

I also did a "practice" bag like the one in the current (and unfortunately the last) issue of Sew Stylish magazine. I did this one in a faux suede cloth, but the next one I will do in a gorgeous soft real hide/suede. I am also contemplating embroidering a design on the next one.



Monday's Meditation

"And David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and came and said before Jonathan, What have I done? what is mine iniquity? and what is my sin before thy father, that he seeketh my life?" I Samuel 20:1

There are so many things that we can learn from the life and experiences of King David. One of the things in this particular passage that comes to mind is the fact that you don't have to do anything to cause someone to seek your life. For one thing, the enemy of our soul is after us all the time - his duty is to kill, steal and destroy.

Simply being a follower of Christ and doing what is right according to the scriptures will automatically cause some to be at odds with you and some may even want to see you eliminated. They might wish for you to relocate to another state, to be transferred to a different work location, or even to be take your membership to another church. But don't be discourgage, continue to show love and compassion and remember that God is for you - and he is more than the whole world against you. Your job is to do those things that becometh a believer.




No comments: