Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I thought it might be a good idea to call Thursdays "Thankful Thursday". Whenever I post on Thursdays, I will list a few things that I am thankful for. This is just a way for me to remind myself to be grateful. Maybe if I make a concentrated effort to show gratitude for what I have, I will be less likely to be whiney. Sometimes I find myself being whiney and complaining, even though I am so richly and wonderfully blessed.


I am thankful for:


The fact that the top I'm making doesn't require very much altering/adjustments. I have only done the muslin so far, I will make the real top in a green, silk paisley print. I will post a photo this weekend.

The fact the sewing isn't fattening. When I think about it, many of the things in life that I enjoy are very fattening. So I am thankful that I can sew all I want and not gain an ounce.

Living in a country where I am free to practice and live out my beliefs. I am glad that this holds true for every citizen in this country. Even though we don't all believe the same thing, we can all openly express what we do believe.

I thank God for each and every day, but I seem to thank him more for Fridays. So thank God tomorrow is Friday.

Have a productive and wonderful weekend everyone.

No comments: