Monday, September 10, 2007

Okay - Plan B

Another weekend has flown by, and I have not completed on single garment. Alright, alright, I have not sewn a single stitch. However, on the plus side of things, I spend the majority of the weekend with my mother (remember, she's recovering from heart surgery) and I am happy to report that she's doing very well. We are just so thankful to the Lord for how he is restoring her.

As my mom gets stronger and stronger I will be able to devote more of my "spare" time to sewing/knitting/crocheting/crafting/creating.

As today's title indicates, I am moving on to Plan B. Plan A was to complete my Fall/Winter Wardrobe storyboard. Then I would organize, arrange and schedule my sewing in a logical sequence. Then I would carefully go through all the fabric in my stash. But I've no time for that now - I must now proceed to sewing. The temperature here (Chicago, IL) dropped significantly over the weekend and I am just itching to get my mitts on some fall fabrics.

Even though at last count I had over 700 patterns in my arsenal, I have to go to Hobby Lobby after work and after preparing dinner for my parents but before going home (I have one very patient husband) to pick up the McCall's pattern below (click in the box). McCall's patterns are .99 this week at Hobby Lobby. Need I say more?










So here's the new plan:

9/10 - 9/15 - cut out a muslin for the jacket, skirt, top and pants this week. Find appropriate fabric in my stash.

9/17 - 9/22 - take care of fitting issues for all four pieces and complete the top since it will probably be the easiest to fit and to construct (yeah, I know I could have simply said "sew" but "construct" sounds like I'm really working hard and not just being a big ole slow poke).

9/24 - 9/29 - complete the skirt and pants. Start on the jacket.


Notice I don't include Sundays in my sewing schedule. That's because I'm in worship services most of the day and spending time with my family the rest of the day. So I don't even anticipate getting any sewing done on Sundays. If all goes as planned, I will have just about 25% of my entire fall/winter wardrobe completed by the first week of October. I think that's a pretty good for such a late start.

One last thing, it's not sewing related, but interesting nonetheless. I thought it would be a good thing to include a short snippet of the previous Sunday's message each Monday.


Monday's Meditation

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. Romans 4:20

God had made Abraham an incredible promise, and Abraham never stopped believing in what God had said he would do. We should practice that same attitude when we look through the scriptures and see all of the many promises God has made to all his children. Stay encouraged.