Monday, October 8, 2007

Some Progress

I am posting pictures of the little progress I was able to make this past weekend.
This is the skirt I 'm making for my granddaughter. I still have to block the front and back pieces, add a waistband (with elastic), finish the hem, sew the side seams and make/insert the lining. I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't - okay, it really is but I will have it done by the end of next week. That includes completing the matching vest (no lining) and the top/blouse. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....


NOTE: In case you're wondering about the above dressform - no, it's not designed for very shapely little girls. It's actually a quarter model of an adult woman form (size 14-16 to be exact). My granddaughter is only 6 years old and she's really small for her age. I'm only using this form as a prop to hold up this skirt. I just felt the need to explain this picture because it was sort of freaking me out a little bit with the hips and all.

I also want to show you a picture of my first attempt at faux chenille. It was time-consuming and required lots of yardage but I like it. I think it will "fluff up" more with each washing. I used a Simplicity pattern, but I don't remember the number and I can't find the envelope right now. I think I will try this technique again, but I will make sure I use only rayon fabric because it will fray better.



Monday Meditation
Our pastor is still teaching on anger, and more specifically, some of the things that anger God. One of the passages of scripture we focused on this week was:
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:5-6
When we hear of so many terrible things happening to children all over the globe, we might be tempted to think that God either doesn't see or doesn't care. Neither can be farther from the truth. But we can tell from the above verses that the Lord cares deeply for children, and he has carefully reserved punishment for those who would harm one of his children. So take care in caring for all the children in your life - for there is a great blessing in store for those who do. And remember, God's children come in all ages.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh wow! beautiful projects!