Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chicago Fashion

This week students from the one of the art institutes in Chicago are displaying their fashions in various office buildings throughout The Loop (Chicago's downtown). I managed to get a few pictures of the fashions on display in my building's lobby. I would have taken more, and I would have gotten some close-up detailed shots, but I was advised by security that I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the building.






If you click on the pictures you might get a little better look. But these designs are wonderful. I am going to try to find other buildings with displays, and if I am allowed, I will get some more (and hopefully better) photos.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'd love to go to something like this!

Sheila said...

Hello and thanks so much for stopping by. Yes, I was referring to the Polka Dot Blouse, I actually ripped out the seam of the bodice and bottom part in an attempt to make it fit better, but I ended making it too tight and again tried to salvage it by tweaking it for my daughter and from there it went down hill. With my tenacity… I will jump right back and try another one…lol. What a great way to showcase budding designers' fashions. I would love to see that in my office building, other than a 100" tv screen showing news all day, but every Wednesday a group comes in to play music, which is a nice change. Happy Belated Birthday and did you finish your empire waist wrap top, what material did you use – great color choice.

Cennetta said...

This is awesome. I'm in Chicago too, but off the beat and path of the downtown area, UIC. I must get down there to see the exhibits. Thanks.

Linda L said...

Nice exhibit.