Sunday, December 2, 2007

One Scarf Down...

I did manage to finish and take a picture of my Huckleberry Ascot. I like it, but I am a little disappointed with the bobbles around the ends. I think the magazine picture looks more "beefy" and mine looks sort of skimpy. What do you think?

I think I might make another one using some bulky yarn instead of the pure cotton that I used for this one.


I had hope to finish a dress last night or this evening, but one of my sewing machines got sick.
My Singer XL5000 is on the blink. It's not taking up the bobbin thread at all, so it goes to the shop tomorrow. Here it is all ready to go - it looks so pitiful.
I could use one of my other "big" machines but I already have my Brother ULT 2001 machine set up for doing embroidery, so I didn't want to use that one for sewing. I'm too lazy to keep taking the embroidery bed off and on.
I guess Iwill be using my "baby" Brother for regular sewing until my Singer is back from the s/m hospital.


I actually wanted to spend some type scrapbooking this week and playing with my new Cricut cutter.
Any of you scrappers have this machine? How do you like it?
It's no wonder my sewing/craft room was such a mess, I am trying to do too many things in one small room. I was hoping to post pictures of my new (meaning organized) space, but I have a fews small touches to add before the reveal.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Lots of stitches.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sorry about your machine!!! I know how that is! I have the qk silhouette and love it. Im sure they aren't TOO different. But im not very sure lol

Sheila said...

Your Huckleberry Ascot looks great and the bobbles are perfect. I’m still waiting for DH to take my other sewing machine to the repair shop. Glad you posted about your sick baby, I need to remind him to drop my old sm off before the new one crashes and I end up with nothing to use…. Lol. I’m a fairly new scrapper and haven’t acquired any electronics yet.. but that machine looks super cool.

Cennetta said...

Your huckleberry ascost is beautiful. I want one. lol. My primary sewing machine needs to be serviced as well, but I keep saying next month,..., okay next month.