Wednesday, December 5, 2007

No Sewing FOR ME Yet

I have not done any sewing for myself this entire week. I got up early and went to my parents house before work (you don't even want to know how early I had to get up in order to do that). Anyway, my thinking was I could take care of what I needed to do for them before work, that way, after work I could go right home and get some sewing done.

However, when I got home there was still about eight inches of snow on my walk and driveway and since my husband's motorcycle accident he has been unable to do much physical work. So that meant I spent nearly two hours clearing away the snow - by hand. I own over $12,000 worth of sewing machines but we don't own a snowblower. Yeah, I have my priorities straight.

Speaking of sewing machines - you know how I keep mentioning how I am really desiring to get the Bernina 730e sewing/embroidery machine, but I really can't justify buying one. Well, I think I have come up with a guilt-free way of getting one. I think I can get the machine for around $6,000. So here's my plan: Firstly, I will HAVE TO bless someone with one of my current machines (I must give one away, I can't sell it, as that will cause some sort of counter reaction to my guilt-free approach). Secondly, (and this might be the hardest part) I have to earn at least $2,000 from my sewing/crafting in order to prove that my s/m are valuable investments. Thirdly (no, this might be the hardest part) I have to trade-in one of my current sewing machines. And lastly, I will use some of the money that I am saving for a my new SUV to pay the balance. I think that will work. Now to sell the idea to my husband.

BTW, I enjoyed hearing from two of my favorite bloggers simultaneously. If you have not had a chance to listen to Andrienne's podcast please do so. She did a delightful interview with Mimi. I am sorry that I am not computer/blog savvy enough to do the link thingy that will take you directly to their blogs. But that's Adrienne at Adriennes Little World and Mimi at DomesticHeaven. I'm sure you all are familiar with these two very talented ladies.

Also, Nancy W. at encue creations has a wonderful video on her blog that tells the story of a millinery shop in CA. The video is creative, informative and entertaining.

Sorry, I have not pictures today, but should have some finished works by the end of the week. As always, thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey!!!

I've missed you! Sorry to hear about your sewing machine needing repair. But yes, I like your new machine idea...LOL...how creative! The plans we devise to accumulate more sewing machines are just so ingenious! ROTFL!!!

Don't be a stranger!

With friendship,
Lisa

Adrienne said...

LOL, let's hope you can sell the idea to your husband! SOunds good to me! Glad you enjoyed the interview!

Sheila said...

Your plan sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Now if only your DH can see the same reasonableness... lol.

Elaray said...

I like your plan, too. I hope your husband goes along with it. Good luck!

Spring Hill Fan Repairs said...

This wass great to read