Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

It has been so cold here for the past few days that I have just stayed inside, except for extreme emergency like picking up the grandkids - that's always important. One good thing about staying in the house I can tackle some things on my sewing list.

First up, is a nice knit top (V8534) that I really like. One tip, the pattern instructions leaves the neck edge raw/unfinished, but that just doesn't work for me - so I hemmed the neck first, them sewed down the pleats. This top is pretty versatile - it can be worn belted or even with a turtleneck underneath when the weather is really cold (like negative 20 degrees - you know what I'm talking about Cennetta).


I also made this nice burnt orange tweed skirt from V8505. The pattern didn't call for a lining, but I added one anyway.

I have a jacket for this skirt, but it is still a UFO that I will finish during this month's contest. I just have to figure out how I want to finish the sleeves. I was thinking of some dias binding trim.



I made another printed knit top (B3438). The pleats at the center front and just under the armholes make this top very comfortable. And I really like the colors in the fabric.


Yeah, more knits.... This is a 3-piece ensemble that was very quick and easy.



Last one for now (And guess what? No knit.). A while back I upgraded my KitchenAid mixer to the 600 watts with the 6 quart bowl...



- but I kept putting off upgrading my cover. So I still had the same old, dirty, stained cover over my new mixer; and it didn't even fit.



I saw a larger cover in the store for over $20, but that seemed a little too expensive. So I made one.
That it's for now. I will do proper reviews as soon as possible. Unfortnately, I don't even have time to include my Monday's Meditation today, but I will add it later.
Later.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are really great garments.

Cennetta said...

Wow! Lady. You had a productive weekend. Everything looks really nice. I especially like to pleating neckline blouse. I stayed in too, MLK Day listening to his speeches and the news while sewing. ;-)

Manecoarse said...

Hi. I just nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award.

Elaray said...

Re: your trip to Philadelphia

Fabric Row begins at 4th and Bainbridge, about 7 or 8 blocks south of 4th and Arch. E-mail me so I can give you more details.