Monday, February 9, 2015

Finally, a cape for me

I have been wanting to make a cape for quite some time now.  As usual, I am late to jump on the cape-making bandwagon.  I made the very popular Simplicity 1775.  This a very quick and easy pattern - for me, it required no alterations.

When I saw this fabric, a boiled wool with a fused on lace overlay, it screamed "I want to be your cape" and it kept screaming that from my stash for well over a year.  Finally, here we are.

Who knows, I might actually get around to making a maxi dress one day.  Dare to dream.




 

Monday Meditation

If you were of the world, the world would love his own:  but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.  John 15:19

This is a very familiar verse of scripture that most believers know, but it seems we still sometimes forget that we are not of this world.  We are pilgrims on a mission.  We have a message to deliver while we are here in this world.  But this world is not our permanent home.  And just be virtue of the fact that we are different from those that are of this world, we will be hated.  The world will hate us just because of our position and relationship with the Lord.  But that does not give us license to hold back the message nor does it allow up to not love those that hate us. Go, love and tell.


2 comments:

The Vivenne Files said...

That cape is absolutely gorgeous - you do beautiful work!

Tracey said...

Thank you so much. NOW.... if only I can find time to do more of it. 😏