Monday, July 7, 2008

Staying Connected

I don't have much to report today, but I don't want to let too many days go by without posting something. I have learned that three or four days can easily turn into two months of no posts.

I was hoping to be able to show my completed living room curtains this evening but that didn't happen. I will try for Thursday night now. Today was my first day back to work after having 10 days off, so to say that I was pretty non-productive when I got home this evening is quite the understatement.

Monday Meditation

Sunday we were studying from a very familiar passage of scripture where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. Here is where we read the shortest verse in the bible "Jesus wept." (If you are like me, you might remember choosing this verse everytime you were asked to recite a verse of scripture from memory in Sunday School. LOL).

But the thing I want to meditate on is the fact that Jesus learned of Lazarus's condition while he was still ill, but did not go to him until four days after he was dead. So instead of healing him of his illness, Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. Jesus resurrecting Lazarus should serve as a reminder to us that no matter what has happened in our lives, no matter how dead some of our hopes and dreams may seem to be, it is never too late for the Lord to resurrect them. But just like Martha was reminded in verses 25 and 40, we must first believe that he is the resurrection.

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live...John 11:25

1 comment:

Me! said...

Thank you, Tracy, for this post about our Lord's resurrection power! Tyna